Amazon.com Price: $95.99 (as of 2014-04-19 17:02:23 GMT)
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are
subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at
the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
The Oral-B Professional Care SmartSeries 4000 toothsbrush is a slightly toned down version of the incredibly popular 5000 brush and comes with many of the same features.
One exception however is that this does not have the SmartGuide monitor that shows you how long you have been brushing, the pressure sensor that lights red if you are pressing too hard, and the "smiley face" notification when you have brushed for long enough. The pressure sensor has been moved onto the display on the handle which can be hard to see especially when you are brushing so it seems less than ideal.
That aside, it has similar specifications to the 5000 series and still cleans your teeth very well. It comes with 2 heads as standard - one that is designed for a deeper clean and the other for polishing, both of which can be purchased seperatly in replacement head packs. It also comes with a recharge station and the battery life lasts for up to 2 weeks between chargers.
Overall, the toothbrush cleans your teeth very very well and does a good job of getting in between your teeth and removing plaque. However, for a little bit more you can get the Oral-B Professional Care SmartSeries 5000 series with the SmartGuide so you might want to consider this also
- Oral-B Triumph Professional Care Power Toothbrush has now been updated to Oral-B Professional Care SmartSeries 4000 Electric Rechargeable Power Toothbrush
- Deep Clean mode removes up to 99.7% of plaque from hard to reach areas
- Improves gum health better than Sonicare FlexCare
- Outstanding whitening and polishing in 3 weeks
- FlossAction technology for superior overall clean
- Smart Display In-Handle Display with Interactive Feedback
- Charge Level Display
- Portable Smart Plug charger
- Travel Case